Most people never think about their air conditioner — that is until it stops working. Breakdowns in your HVAC system are rarely convenient and the last thing anyone wants is an unexpected costly repair. The best way to avoid that situation is with regular professional maintenance.
Proper maintenance ensures your safety and keeps your equipment working at peak efficiency. This saves you money in several ways. First, regular tune-ups maximize your system’s efficiency which will be reflected in lower monthly energy bills. Second, you’ll avoid those costly unexpected repairs. And, third, annual maintenance extends the life of your air conditioner, which means more years of worry-free use before you need to replace it.
Hiring an HVAC service and maintenance company to diagnose and repair your air conditioning system every spring is a great way to keep your system up and functional for the coming year. Your HVAC professional can spot and correct problems while they are small and easy to to fix, so you won’t be left without air conditioning when you need it. From inspection and cleaning to repairs and replacements, technicians will do everything to prolong the life of your system and increase its efficiency.
A professional precision tune-up and professional cleaning takes approximately 60-90 minutes and includes these functions:
- Blower Motor – measure amperage and voltage for proper operation
- Clean existing air filter (as needed)
- Bearing – inspect for wear and lubricate
- Inspect indoor coil
- Refrigerant – monitor operating pressures
- Safety Devices – inspect for proper operation
- Electrical Disconnect Box – inspect for proper rating and safe installation
- Electrical Wiring – inspect and tighten connections
- Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring
- Inspect and test capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure Supply/Return temperature differential
- Inspect duct work for energy loss
- Compressor – monitor, measure amperage and volt draw and wiring connections
If you’ve noticed the cost of your energy bills creeping up, or if your system simply doesn’t cool as consistently or evenly as it once did, it’s probably time for a maintenance check.
Indoor Air Quality, Inc., proudly serves the Highlands Ranch and Denver Metro Area. Schedule an HVAC tune-up with one of our technicians today and save big on your energy bills.